- My child is not fully vaccinated and within the past 14 days had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. (Outside of the classroom setting, the CDC defines “close contact” as “someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.”)
- My child is not fully vaccinated, within the last 10 days my child traveled to a state or territory identified as ORANGE or RED in the City of Chicago Travel Advisory, and my child cannot produce a negative COVID-19 test or qualify for an exception as listed in the Advisory. (Chicago’s Travel Advisory can be found here: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html)
- My child is not fully vaccinated, and my child traveled internationally within the last 10 days (or 7 days with a negative COVID-19 test upon return).
As our students return to in-person learning five days a week, everyone must do their part to keep our community safe. This means that everyone in the CPS family, including students, parents/guardians, teachers and staff must practice the same safety measures that our students are using in-person at school. Therefore, in order to keep our school communities safe, you agree to the following:
- Adhere to social distancing, wearing cloth face coverings or masks, and practicing good hand hygiene at school or home and in your social pods and community;
- Adhere to quarantining requirements for the appropriate number of days depending on the travel location;
- Observe and teach the same healthy hygiene habits we use at school at home: 20-second hand washing, appropriate use of face coverings, catching coughs and sneezes in a tissue or your elbow;
- Make the decision to stay home if you are sick or awaiting COVID-19 test results; and
- Be an example for your children and neighbors in modeling safe, responsible behaviors and compassion for others.